Sunday, July 4, 2010

Origin of my lust....

For as long as I can remember...I have been a lover of makeup....beauty products....skin care. You name it, I love it. I'm not quite as hardcore a "product junkie" as some I know...but hey I do have a major appreciation for all the amazing products and resources there are out there!!! Seriously it can even be intimidating at times, right? Who's with me?




I have to attribute this lust with product to my Aunt Audrey, whom I am soo fittingly named after ♥
She was a model when I was a little rambunctious child!!!! She lived in Los Angeles, and worked out of the city...she was and STILL is incredibly beautiful. Most notably she has always been on point with fashion, and makeup trends. And thus I was introduced to that world, the point of no return.


 When I went to visit her often, I was usually sitting in my Aunt's closet or in her vanity-clad bathroom watching her style herself, and do her makeup & hair. It was, especially at that age, enchanting. Fascinating. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. Some of my most fond memories are of her applying lipstick, mascara, blush, perfume on me....back combing my hair, and putting it in rollers...making me feel like the MOST beautiful girl in the world!!!!













Now that I have a little girl of my own, I can't wait to share those "girls nights" with her, putting my makeup on her, and giving her that introduction into a world that is surely magical!!!!




Since I'm in a round-about way speaking indirectly about products, let me share some that I am totally loyal to right now:




*Bobbi Brown Tinted Face Balm ( this stuff is absolutely amazing!!!!)
*Cover Girl Shadow Blast Smokey Eye Stick in "Amethyst" (it has other color combos of course)
*Rimmel Stick Concealer in "Neutralizer" ( I use it for under my eyes to give that fresh-faced appearance)
*L'Oreal Double Extends in "Black Noir" (literally appears as though you have false eyelashes on, incredible)
*La Mer Moisturizer (its expensive, but a little goes a long way...I use it as a primer & moisturizer, and the stuff is a miracle worker for the texture & tone of your skin, I HIGHLY suggest trying it :)




Well, on that note...I'm going to really have to use that Rimmel concealer under my eyes tomorrow if I don't get to sleep...haha...



Have a Happy Fourth!!!

Baci, Baci
oxox




No comments:

Post a Comment